Here's where it all started. "Step up". "Step Up 2 the Streets". Two awesome movies which deal with, you guessed it , DANCING. You have to see it to feel it. After watching them a million gazillion times I got inspired to improve my dancing ability which up til recently comprised of approximately two moves, jumping and kicking. I set about with free form dancing, just letting my body lead the way whenever a catchy beat played. Although I added a few more moves to my repertoire, my peers were not impressed. I was more of a clown than an aspiring dancer, but I did not give up. Then came a golden opportunity to audition for a dance workshop which is conducted in my college for those in their final year. I rallied a few friends together (3 more to be exact) and became the co-choreographer for our dance sequence. The song - "Koi Kahe" from "Dil Chahta Hai". As we practiced, the enthusiasm picked up and after a hard day's toil we had a fairly decent routine running. Auditions were the next morning and when I woke up my creaky joints stubbornly refused to take my weight. Never thought just dancing could cause so much bodyache. Anyway, we practiced a bit in the morning and finalised our dance moves and then headed over to the audition. We were greeted by the enthusiastic and encouraging cheers of the dance club as we began our routine and we did mess up as was expected. It was an average performance nonetheless. By now my legs were not cooperating and were trembling while I was demonstrating a few moves as part of the audition. We were in high spirits after the audition and made a few videos of our routine. Now the dance workshop has begun and I am going to learn the tango, waltz, charleston and hopefully the salsa. I'm having great fun at the workshop and expect to have even more fun when I become a more accomplished dancer. The joy of dancing cannot be described.
dance away to feel this way
to the left and to the right sway
twist and turn too if I may
it makes my heart happy and gay (no pun intended)
Yeah , alright, that is a pathetic attempt at a poem (pronounced 'pome') but poetry is another thing altogether.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
mast likha hai bhai....soch raha hun ye sab padh lun to meri CAT ki prp ho jaayegi!!!
Post a Comment