I was never very fond of the concept of 'blogging'. Had tried my hand at it once when I was in 11th but got bored after just two posts. After that, I never thought about blogging until I was invited to contribute to a blog created by my college pals. One particular pal, Sidd (not to be confused with me as I am Sid) is extremely talented and is a brilliant writer. He.........
Ah, now I remember why I was averse to blogs. I used to be an orator, and a pretty good one at that (pardon me for blowing my trumpet) and so I thought that it was frivolous to pen down opinions which one should voice. But right now there are two points which are bringing about a change in my thinking. The first one is that many more people can be reached through a blog than by oration, since I am not a celebrity and so no T.V. time for my opinions. The second being that I have this newfound love for writing. Language is a beautiful thing. Language gave us Shakespeare, Poe, Coleridge , Archer, and the list goes on and on. Include who you must. And now language gives you Sid. I bow before you , oh audience. But you are not the audience. You are spectators. However, I shall continue to call you the audience. Because I am speaking and you are listening.
I thank Sidd , Bhaskar, Amod, and Abhinav for reintroducing me to the world of blogging. I have read your blogs, which were beautiful windows into your hearts and now I set upon this quest of blogging with your encouragement. Wish me luck.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i applaud your blog
thou has always been a good orator
u shall also excel here dat is mah opinion
trust me dats not an exaggeration but a well believed thought seeing you ever since you have been a friend in class 9
my best wishes
cheers
adieus
Nishant
write on
3 cheers for sid!! awesome be!!
Post a Comment